Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Ally Pally Adventure :)

As you have already read, I was a little nervous about the whole travelling to and across London to Ally Pally...but it went fine!!! I left Leicester at 8.56 am, and was at the venue by 11am, which I thought was pretty good going!
I was there for 2 days, working on the Laughing Hens stall, and although you might think talking about knitting and selling yarn to people might not be "work" to the likes of me, it was the hardest 2 days work I have ever done.....!!!!
There wasn't really any let up until the show closed each day, and then there was work to be done afterwards too, reorganising the yarns, moving things that wern't catching the eyes of customers...etc etc. The stall was really a WIP the 2 days I was there, and probably continued to evolve at the weekend as well.

Having said that though, I had a really good time, met lots of people I knew from Ravelry and various knitting blogs, and spent some time drinking cider and smoking fags with Mr Wool, Jeni and Elly from Fyberspates and Amanda and Phil from NDS

I met the lady who won my handspun "Peru" 3ply yarn in Mr Wool's Mirasol raffle!!! It was one of the ladies from Knitwitches and she loved kintting with it, she made a garter stitch scarf... it was great to get some feedback about it ;)

I didn't buy a thing though, which is good really as there wasn't really anything I needed! I was so busy doing my usual job of enabling others you see, hehehe

A skein of Cascade Lana D'oro in Teal did fall into my bag off the stall though, as WoollyWormhead is doing a mystery Beret knitalong on her Wormheads Hats group on Ravelry....and you all know how much of a Wormhead groupie I am ;)

Right, I've printed out all the names of peeps who left comments, on here and on the UKSpinners group on Rav...just gonna cut 'em all out and put them in a hat....will post the winner a bit later ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

Sounds like you had a great time :)and well done you for being so brave ;)

Looking forwarded to seeing the next hat you make..

5:04 PM  
Blogger Adee aka kiwigirl42 said...

glad you got on OK. bet your feet are killing you tho'

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it went well for ya..looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks time..

11:44 PM  
Blogger Louiz said...

It was nice to meet you too! and glad it wasn't too bad at Ally Pally - you looked like you knew exactly what you were doing though, if that helps.

2:55 PM  
Blogger goldfishgirl said...

Can't believe I missed the Laughing Hens stall! How stupid am I?! Sounds as though you worked your socks off there, congrats on getting through it :)

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home