Monday, October 06, 2008

What's in the bag???







Here is my new baby, a Louet Victoria!!! I've been feeling the need for a travelling wheel for a while now, as I miss being able to spin when we go away, and also when I go to my knitting meetings. As you all know, I bought a Drum Carder a while back, but I really am not feeling the love I should for it, so i decided to sell it on, and use the money to part fund a travelling wheel. This also meant I could buy a new one :)
We were going over in the direction of The Threshing Barn yesterday, so I rang Janet up and made an appointment to see one, and to have a go...just to make sure it was going to be the right wheel for me, as its a lot of money to pay on a whim!!! Well, as you can see by the pictures, it was the right wheel, I took to it straight away, and I can spin thinner on it than I can on my S10 !!! I was also in two minds about it, as I didn't think I'd like the beech version of it, and that was all she had, they do an oak version of it too. But, it wasn't as light as I thought it would be......
I bought another 2 bobbins for Louie, and Janet gave me some lovely fibres as well. You get a whole fleece when you by a wheel from her, as she breeds her own sheep, but as I don't really want to get into fibre processing at the moment, she let me take my pick of the processed tops she had in the shop ***grins***
So all in all I is a very happy bunny....
There's a really interesting and comprehensive review of this wheel on Abbys Yarns Blog

5 Comments:

Blogger Miffy said...

Looks fab! Can't wait to meet it in person

7:45 PM  
Blogger Myrthestiek said...

Ooh you lucky girl ! Enjoy your new toy :o).

7:52 PM  
Blogger H said...

ohhh pretty, hope you have lots and lots of fun with her
Love H
xx

8:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooooh I love it!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Clair Coult said...

She is beautiful! Happy spinning!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home