Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015...

2015 has been a hard one for me in so many ways, predominantly battling my Black Dog and dealing with emotional fallout.

But I have had so many people in my corner, and I am so grateful for that.

Don't think I could have done it without the selfless, unwavering support from my wonderful Husbeast. He's been there right by my side, even when I have been in truly impossible places... he really is a wonderful man, who I could never be without.



Those of you who suffer with depression and anxiety know how irrational our feelings can be, and no matter how hard we try to understand it, sometimes working through it is the only way to beat it. 

A good friend taught me that :)

Anyway, I am done with looking back. If I carry my past, I'll be too tired to embrace my future...




2015 also brought a lot of very good things...

My eldest son Daniel, took, and passed his GCSEs... both myself and Beast are so proud of him. He's got self discipline, something I never had, and a will to succeed. That makes me happy!




Joel is, and always will be my little ray of sunshine, He is his own person, and has little fear (to a point) of what people think of him. I also love his view of life, he's always lived for the moment... I hope this stays with him forever.




My creative mojo came back after an excruciatingly long hiatus in the latter part of this year, and you have no idea how thankful I am for that. That signalled to me that maybe this enormous cloud of shit I've been carrying around was finally starting to dissipate... 

I think Spinzilla 2015 was the pinnacle of this, I was on the only UK team, and I spun as hard as I have ever done, amongst others spinning miles and miles and making it look effortless.

Those who know me well, will understand how difficult it was to be a part of something like this and not knock it out of the park, as I am so competitive. But, the amount of encouragement from my other team members to just 'enjoy' showed me that everyone was valued, regardless of yardage.

I also got a loom, something I have been resisting for years. I can see 2016 being filled with weaving and spinning and maybe some dyeing :P

Creativity FTW, right?

To thank the very best friends in my life for their love and support over the last year, I made them woven scarves... 



They are both very different people, so I used the same 'ingredients' to cook up something unique to them both. I am very much a newbie weaver, but I pick things up very quickly, due to my inner child wanting to be the best, hahaha, damn her! 

Love you both so much, wear your scarves as a big hug from me whenever you need it :)

Thankyou for sticking with me, when I literally didn't want to stick with myself. I am hoping 2016 will bring good stuff for us all.

Babylonglegs will be changing a little, I have to do that to make it work for me. I am going to dye stuff I want to dye, because when I am happy my work shines brightly... of course, if there's something specific you want, I'll always be down with that.

That will never change.

Happy New Year :)






1 Comments:

Blogger lottie said...

Love you to the moon and back

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home