Monday, February 13, 2006

OOhOOh I got a parcel today!!!

I seem to be having a bit of a blogging frenzy at the moment!!! Maybe its because people are reading it more, and leaving me lovely messages :) Thanks to all who have taken the time to read the insane ramblings of a frantic mother and sometime amateur knitter...he he he
Well, as you can see, I had some help splitting a 600g hank of wool into 100g hanks this afternoon :) Who needs newfangled machines when you have two upturned chairs and child labour? Its is lovely aran weight wool...bought of ebay from Glenshee Woolens I have wound about 350g off in 3 hanks, and retrieved the baby bath out of the loft (I knew it would come in useful again)....all ready to handpaint with KoolAid on Wednesday ;) I am quite excited about it, and have promised to let Daniel help me...although me being me...I'll end up stressing about mess so much he'll not get a chance....*sigh* Lets hope its a nice day, so we can take it out in the garden and do it.
Had a few friends over for coffee this morning, and emptied my yarn cuboard so they could see my ever growing stash...thing is, when I repacked the cuboard I made some more room! I guess that'll be for the wool I have coming that I bought last night from eBay.
I have promised my self NO MORE YARN PURCHASING........but guess what.....*sigh* Yes you guessed it...I went for a walk inthe village this afternoon with my sleepy boy in the Ergo, and *popped* nonchalantly (yeah right...there was a basket of wool in the window and I spied Debbie Bliss, I nearly broke my neck I went in there so fast!) into my local charity shop... Colourway 207 of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino....5 x 50g balls! £1.50 each, which I thought was quite good!
So I have decided, I am going to unravel my current Shedir...sob... as I chose the wrong yarn to begin with anyway, you can't see the cables. I am going to re-knit it in the Debbie Bliss bargain :)
Right...back to it then....I have to post on
Team GB before I can start knitting again....

ETA (at 1.15am zzZZZ) Unravelling the current Shedir and re-knitting WAS the right decision!!! Took me two nights to reach row 24 with the other yarn….and I’m up to row 20 already with the DB…Plus, because its a slightly glossy/shiny yarn….the cables show up really well!!!
Woohoo...now sleep......



5 Comments:

Blogger HazelNutcluster said...

I'm at home with the insane and frantic ;)

I've tried doing that 'No More Yarn' promise but it just doesn't work. It makes me realise how people must feel when they are trying to quit smoking. It's so haaaarrrrd! What a bargain though, and sometimes frogging is the only way to go. Good luck with the fresh start.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Shhh no more Ergo talk ;o) I have wanted one for soooo long but resisted so far. I have a macpac possum so can't really justify it (oh yeah and a cwtshi) but I NEED one ;o)
Well done on the db find. I need to find good charity shops around here.
Good luck with the dying on Wednesday.
Nic
x

11:35 AM  
Blogger lottieru said...

your not allowed to buy anymore yarn!!!!. I've not got room for anymore and i've told myself i'm not to buy any unless u do!!!!

love you Lotts

1:21 PM  
Blogger naturallynice said...

Hiya, I don't care much about Valentines, more about chocolate :-). No yarn yet, they called me on Friday saying they are looking into it.

Have fun!

Esther

ps. glad to see you blogging, great idea using the chair legs!

1:41 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

So we're both knitting with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino! :-) What a bargain you found. It's lovely yarn to work with, isn't it? Good luck with the Shedir. I bet it's going to look stunning in that yarn.
Hazel

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home