Friday, March 09, 2012

Just call me a Bag Lady :D


As you all know, I am very good friends with Nic Lucas, aka NicsKnots
We've done a few shows together now, and I have my own exclusive range of her project bags too :D
We've known each other for ages, we met through a Parenting website called MumsOnline, as at the time our kids were babies, and we shared a love of using cloth nappies as opposed to nasty plastic ones, as well as a love of knitting of course. If I remember correctly, Nic's daughter was one of the first recipients of a pair of Babylonglegs woollies... or was it yarn to make some... :P
Over the years, we've built up our respective businesses, from home, juggling children, housework (or in my case avoiding housework) and Husbeasts :D
Not an easy task, I can tell you!!
Nic has recently moved away from Folksy (do I dare insert 'About bloody time' here or would that be unprofessional of me?) and has set up her own website... which looks fantastic, and will cost her a LOT less and she'll have more control.
She's currently running a blog competition, asking customers to submit pictures of her products 'in the Wild' so to speak, as she wants to build up a picture gallery on her site.
All you have to do, to be in with a chance of winning, is take a picture of a NicsKnots product, be it a bag or a needle roll, or BOTH... and post it on her Facebook page or you can email it to her if you don't use Facebook.
The prize is a £30 voucher for Nic's shop, a skein of Babylonglegs yarn, and Rachel Coopey, an awesome British Indie designer is donating some of her patterns.

So what are you waiting for??
Get snapping... you've got till 25th of March to enter!!!!

P.S I am totally unashamed of my collection of project bags... and this is only half of them :P


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Ace pic!! M has apparently never seen the advert with the polar bear on so I just had to explain it to him!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home