Sunday, January 03, 2010

Goodbye 2009.......hello 2010.....

......or as the most esteemed Bill Bailey calls it "Ten past Eight"...that made me chuckle that did :)

Well, 2009 has been a really topsey~turvey year....... as for everyone, there has been good and bad...my good has been totally stunning.......and the bad........well......that was interesting!

Babylonglegs has gone from strength to strength. I had my first show in June, which was awesome....met lots of peeps, something which I love doing...contrary to popular belief I can be a people person sometimes ;) The fact that I sold sackfuls of yarn and fibres is immaterial against the fact that I spent this most triumphant day with my bestest friends in the world. Thankyou Livi and Lottie, for always being there, supporting me and loving me for who I am..... you are truly inspirational :)
Me and the Husbeast are also good...it gets better every day. Relationships work like that though, don't they, you put in, you get it back. I think the fact that I am more fulfilled as a person in my own right has made this happen.
Now, don't get me wrong, my family and being Mama is everything, I really could not do what I do without that behind me, but I am also an artist, I always have been, and now I have finally found my place.
My search has ended.
I am a hand spinner, creating beautiful wool and designing new colour combinations is my true vocation.
Not forgetting bringing colour to white wools and just having fun.
I love my job!!!!

I musn't forget to mention my beautifiul boys.
They are my best achievement yet. I am SO proud of them, every day, the way they look at the world in which they live, the amount of questions they ask and the amount of cuddles they still give me. Sure, they drive me crazy, but now I have a shed to escape to ;)

Now, there has been a bad...well I think bad is the wrong word for it really......maybe uncertain is better. It has been a secret bad...my own personal secret bad...as I havn't wanted to share.
When you share it makes it real....and I don't like real.
I have spent most of this year with my head firmly stuck in a pile of sand. If I can't see it, it's not happening...la la la...you know the drill. Me and my hole are the best of friends, perfectly decked out for the expert denier and hider!
So, I finally faced my own personal demon...my inability to be pro~active with regards to my health and well being.
I quivered and worried and overthought it all.... it scared my mojo away a few times too, which isn't good when you have knitterly peeps relying on you.... ;)
But, I won.
My body is fine.......and my chameleonic demon has had a few types of crap kicked out of it.
I am sure it will be back in disguise sometime soon to taunt me, but for now it is spent.
Hurrah for that!!!!

So, Happy new decade my lovely readers.

Thankyou to my customers who read this, without you, Babylonglegs would still be a little kitchen outfit. I can now haz a shed!!! WooHOO!
Thankyou to my friends and family who read this, your support has wholly inspired me this year and pushed me into new waters.
I shall continue to share with you my life, inspiration and creation into this bright new decade, so how about watching this space for a little while longer?

8 Comments:

Blogger Mildawg said...

Thank you for your review of 2009. Best of luck in 2010 -- I look forward to seeing what you post :)

4:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year wonderful lady :-)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Clair Coult said...

May 2010 be even more prosperous than 2009! Happy new year!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Eleanor said...

Happy New Year!! Can't wait to see all the lovely yummyness you'll produce in your new shed! Here's to a great 2010!!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Great post - may this next decade bring you all the good things your heart desires, and that you deserve! Cx

8:32 PM  
Blogger rosy said...

Hi Sarah!
Lovely to see you and The Boys at the Panto last evening. Lucia had a wonderful time!!
The Shed looks fab ~ good times ahead I can see!!
Love
Rosy xx

11:15 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Happy New Year and all the best for 2010.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

Happy New Year you amazing woman!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home