Sunday, February 15, 2009

Handspun Sock progress...


Okay, so I cast these on yesterday afternoon whilst my boys were all out at the footeh.....then I frogged them back as I wasn't happy with them......lol
I re~cast on last night, with 64 stitches, using a DK King Cole anti~tickle solid in purple for the cuff, on 2.75mm needles. I changed to 2.5mm when I switched to my handspun, and I am using the Lacy Mock Cable Stitch pattern.
I'll also use the King Cole for the toe as well...... :)
Lookin' good sofar, and although the stitch pattern is a little bit lost in the colours, I really felt it was important to have lots of texture with my handspun. The whole reason I frogged it back was that plain stocking stitch just looked too flat and boring...lol
Onwards and upwards!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

I think you mean onwards and downwards! ;-) I still can't bear it, that is the most gorgeous yarn ever, don't get me wrong I like socks...but no one is going to see how pretty it is when they're on your feet!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

They do look absolutel gorgeous!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

they look lovely and the pattern is just the right texture for that wonderful yarn. Will be casting on a pair of socks with your yarn soon! Its next in the pipeline :o)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home