Saturday, January 31, 2009

I **love** my new slow cooker :D

I got a very bargainous 6.5 litre slow cooker off Amazon just after Christmas (the price has gone up since I got it)...and it kettle dyes perfectly!!! I have a little one for doing sock yarn too :)It dyes 200g of yarn brilliantly...and I can also get a decent amount of fibre in there too :) Need to experiment a bit more with the fibre though....

Anyhoo...this is some Alpaca~merino DK I dyed the other day, in a 200g lot....the colours are a bit deeper in real life, getting good pics at this time of year is hard ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

they are such gorgeous colours!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Beautiful colours, love them!

Judith

11:05 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Oooh lovely

9:04 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

what lovely yarn and such vibrant colours. it always makes me wonder how you decide which way to dye the yarn - I would never be able to decide!

10:08 AM  
Blogger lottie said...

now that is just ME dont u think?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

A slow cooker, what a fab idea!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dying in a 'slow cooker'? :o lol I need to look into dyeing yarn. Do people really do that? I have 2 large, and one small, slow cookers. All given to me. Nice result with dyeing.

12:01 AM  
Blogger picperfic said...

how long do you leave the yarn in the slow cooker for, the same as a steamer? The colours in that yarn are just so yummy!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home