Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Enchanted Elsewhere, Part 1





A 3 ply yarn, 2 lots of SouthernCross Fibre Corriedale, July's Fibre Club "Enchanted", and then a bobbin of space spun merino/falkland, so the resulting yarn will self stripe :D

There is about 300g there, 420yds across 3 skeins......

I am spinning up 500g of the July fibre club as part of a whole series of spinning technique and colour play experiments, to ultimately be knitted up as an "Elsewhere" jacket, designed by Amy Swensen.

It will be a teaching aid in a Yarn Design workshop I am doing next year...

I am thinking these 3 skeins will be the sleeves, you'll be able to see the self~striping effect more, what do you guys think???

The next installment will again be, two lots of the "Enchanted", and then just a solid black falkland ply :)

Watch this space ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

The yarn is lovely. It will look beautiful however you use it.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

When I grow up, I want to be able to spin like you can!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

WOW!!!!!
and I totally agree with Claire above, me too.x.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home