Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Woolfest 2009 ~ pic heavy!!!

We set off from Leicester at about 10am....after I'd nearly paced a hole in my floor through sheer excitement! This was gonna be my third visit to the mighty 'Fest....and it was gonna be bigger and better this year due to the Ravelry phenomenom.....
Our only stop on the journey was at the 'Shroom services at Lancaster....what used to be Forton services...In all my years of going north, to my parents in Cumbria and Woolfest, I have bever stopped here...*small hint* wait until the services at Burton (the next ones up) if you want a decent cup of coffee..... ;)

We got to the 'Fest at about 3pm.....and it was a whirlwind of peeps saying hello.... I finally met two ladies I been wanting to meet for ages, Jaqcui (the lady I bought my Lola wheel from) and Claire but it for likee 5 minutes, as they were both rushing off.....bah..next year!!! Pictured is Lottie in my Jester after about..ahem....a lot of pear cider ;)

Now...for the FluffyKittySlippers.....hahaha.....as you'll see in the next picture, Jak doesn't look (if you didn't know her very well) like a person who would wear fluffykittyslippers and eeyore pyjamas does she?? Hehehe....Norty Nanas!! Scatter ;)
Yup....she's 'memberin' and maybe regretting??? Hehehe....


Here's some gratuitous animal shots for you, an Alpaca ans an Angora goat, who rather liked me talking to him/her...he/she was transfixed for ages!!

Ahh....the Woolly Mafia.......and look at Phil beavering away in the corner with his knitting.....that is so full of WIN :D Go Phil!!


Livvy and Nic

We went for a meal at a vegetarian restaurant in Cockermouth called the Quince and Medlar on Saturday night, and it was lovelyLovely food....Lottie did miss her MEAAAT, but hey.... ;)
id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5353584872439987666"The ladies powder room had the most delighful washbasin!!! Except for the anachronism that is the taps....the tiles were beautiful....I'm not a lover of pink, but I'd have that in my bathroom. Well, after the dirty herberts have moved out that is ;)
These are my goodies wot I boughted....2 skeins of Fyberspates Sparkle sock, and Jen also gave me some plying thread to play with :) The nekkid skein is some cash sock I purchased from Andy at Bluefaced

I liked the look of this merino~silk solid from Winghams, and also needed some olive green solid merino for a project I have in mind.....

This is from Mrs JellyLegs , its Cashmerino fibre....NOM

And this chunk of lovely is over~dyed grey merino from Daniela at FeltStudioUk

We had such a blast, marred slightly by the campsite owner charging FULL price for all the children, even the under 5's, it was awful. He also pushed us all to pay cash, so mebbes there is a little financial troubles looming for them? Well we certainly won't be going back there again.....which is a real shame as we've had no problems before....
Next 'Fest???
See you at IKnit.............. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Louiz said...

Wow, looks like a wonderful time. I wish I could have gone this year...

10:50 PM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Great pictures, it was a wonderful weekend and good to see you again:)

2:29 PM  
Blogger lottie said...

was a bloody good weekend!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home