Monday, June 02, 2008

My new toy :)


Called “Louisa” by my youngest, Joel…..bless!!
I got her from Scottish Fibres, and also got another Lazy Kate rack for my wheel. I’m going to make an extender and tiptoe gently into 3 and 4 ply yarns!!!
I tried her out on Sunday, carded a little of the Wensleydale/Jacob fibre that
Vampy sent me…..and it works!! The fibre is really lanolin rich though, so i think i need to strip some more out before I try again….don’t want to make Louisa dirty!!!
I just want to say a BIG thankyou to everyone who has supported me through my etsy shop the past couple of months....Louisa is the product of all your custom!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

I hate you! LOL

Not really, but I'm so jealous, but I guess I don't NEED a drum carder.... I am currently looking at spending money on stuff my other hobbies. Silly me.

I do 3 ply by navajo plying - im so used to only having one bobbin that I forget I don't need to with my louet.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Oooh that looks SO fun!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home