Sunday, February 24, 2008

A typical Mamalonglegs day....... :o)

My days consist of getting everything done, that needs to be done, between the hours of 8.30am-3pm. Sometimes it a real squeeze!!! And very often, nothing that I do involves house work.......shame on me ;)

You may think that 6.5 hours is alot.... read on....time flies when you're having fun :o)

What I want to do is try an illustrate a typical day for me.......humour me?

8.20am: My kids and DH leave the house. Most days I am up, other days I hide.... skip to 2pm

8.30am: Have had my first coffee and first cigarette....feeling almost human. Have usually done my daily milkman scare by this point too......I dunno, you'd think that the strange lady at number 16 with the stripy bedsocks wouldn't phase you after a few months?
Put washing on, first of maybe 2 loads....depends whether scraping last nights dinner off a school shirt makes it wearable for another day....

9am: Have usally spoken to Lottie on MSN by this point......thats always a good start to the day :)

10am: washing has finished. If its raining I get narked at the weather and put it on the airer, if its fine I put it on the line and put another wash on.

11am: Have had 4 cups of coffee, and in amongst the washing (and narking if its raining) there's a dyebath bubblin' :) Apart from my house smelling of vinigar....I really have no option to dyeing this way now....as I use acid dyes. I used to use food grade dyes, which were safe for the kitchen, and at home kids....but now I am toxic....(that sounds quite cool to me btw)
I have no separate room, so all my creativity happens in a newly cleaned kitchen, and when its all finished.....I clean it all again! Ergo.....no other housework gets done, but my kitchen is always spotless! So my dyeing limit, in the time I have....is 400g max......and that suits me nicely. I tend to dye more than I need. If I have a custom order to dye for, or a dye job that inspired me, i always tend to dye an extra 100g if I can, that means I can store it for later.........this helps memto build up a workable stock level. Little and often.....thats my motto!!!!

12pm: Maybe I've done some spinning, or re-skeing of previously dyed yarns, whilst waiting for the dyebth to exhaust and another colour being on the go (this is an ongoing thing btw, a dyebath takes approx 20-30 mins to exhaust, so I am constantly checking).....packed up parcels, it all depends on my workload. I've definitely changed the music on the pootah a few times....or put Kerrang Tv on... Have usually spoken to Miffy on MSN by now.....and been the mistress of enabing!!! I usually have spoken to Mrs Flowerpot by now too....a little less enabling involved there.... :)

1pm: I'm working down by now, usually....on my last colour or even cleaning up after a mornings work....

2pm: Out of the house, off to post parcels and do shopping, usually veggie shopping etc

3pm: Kids come out of school.

3pm-7pm: Madness ensues. Hearing about things that happened in my childrens' day... talking about problems encountered, trying to make sense of their stories, stopping them fighting, trying to get the eldest to do his homework, cooking dinner, keeping the peace (this is an ongoing task with small children)......

7pm-8pm: Bedtime hour....stories, face and teeth washing....lots of cuddles.....

8pm-9pm: Usually an hour of spinning....to help me wind down after the madness of 3pm-7pm or if its been particularly mad, I have a shower and pamper myself!

8/9pm-12am: I usually sit my beeeehind onthe sofa and knit, and depending on my workload its business or pleasure (usually more on the biz side)

My usual bedtime is 1 am....

Then repeat the day 5 times...add beer on the Friday and Saturday night :) Also add the fact I am at my pootah at leat 4 times an hour during the day... checking email and forums....

I do sleep....honestly!!!

I am gonna be cruel, and tag a few other of my blogger friends to share their days with us:

Liss
Myrthestiek
Bigbird
Mrs Flowerpot
Nic

9 Comments:

Blogger Myrthestiek said...

Thank you very much :o). I don't know yet I do it this week or next week. The oldest has vacation this week, and maybe it's a bit too chaotic LOL.

Hugs Tessa

9:11 AM  
Blogger Liss said...

I shall give it a go tomorrow which is a more typical day - Sundays are verrrrry lazy ;)

I may even include pics :D Mwhahaha

10:35 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

What a full days :) Have you ever considered citric acid instead of the vinegar? Not smelly at all.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gah, for some reason I thought the meet up was next week :(

Even though I know in my head that next week is Mothers day! Doh!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

done it ...how many hours are there think i used too many

9:52 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

What a wonderful day...my time between 3pm and 7pm is very much like that too!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Miffy said...

Phew, that is one busy day!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Good grief. Now I feel exhausted! Going out to work is MUCH easier than all that! ;-)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Myrthestiek said...

I've posted mine :oD.

Hugs Tessa

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home