Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's finished....FINIIIIISHED !!!!! *grins*

Welcome to my Dyeing Den!!!!
Here begins your virtual tour ;)


This is the far end of the studio. In the left corner is where my new Tea urn will live, for boiling water to mix dyes and, of course, cups of tea and coffee :) Under the worktop in the corner is where all my pans will live, and I do have quite a few...I can see a dyebath destash coming in the near future....lolz
This end is also where I will store all of my dyes.....

All Hail the Shameless Cooker!!!

This is the dyeing area, there's room on the Shameless Cooker for 2 big dish kettle and then a smaller one on the fish kettle burner in the middle :) Husbeast is fashioning me a hanging rack system as I type...so I can dip~dye 1.2 kg of yarn in one go, should I need to...whereas in my kitchen it was 400g at a time... hehehe......awesome! When the oven is fixed, I'll be able to dye 400g of fibres in there at a time, as opposed to 100g in my kitchen oven...
So, as you can imagine, my daily productivity is going to skyrocket!!! and with being in my own space I can do extra in the evenings should I need to, and I can now work in school holidays......so the future looks very bright for both MaMalonglegs and her prospective/existing customers!!

This is going to be the admin area, where I will store all my finished yarns and packing/labelling supplies, and do all my packing :)

I am so pleased with it, and have been itching to get in there for weeks!! Husbeast still needs to finish the painting this weekend, and the builder wants to come back and grout the floor tiles....not sure I'll be able to vacate it for longer than a day though :(
So...who's gonna be my first vistor??
I will be organising an "official" opening party...but, as long as you contact me the day before, you are more than welcome to descend on me at any time!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Fantastic! Wonder how long it will be before it starts looking all dye stained instead of clean & shiny ;)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

WOW! And let me know if you do need to destash a dyebath or two... Jon may be interested...
Defo going to have to pop down when you have the opening do!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow that looks amazing Sarah :-o What a wonderful place, I bet you're going to have so much fun in there

6:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Looks fantastic!! I'm so jealous!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

I am overwhelmed with joy for you (and envy and aspiration for me)- you go girl! Fantastic! Thank you for sharing :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Mrs Tessyman said...

It looks brilliant! Cannot wait to see your newly dyed yarns!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Quinn said...

Congratulations on your lovely new workspace!

As a recent subscriber to your blog, I am missing the backstory to what makes your cooker "shameless"...are you replacing an embarrassed cooker? ;)

1:52 PM  
Blogger frankthepharm said...

What a cracker. Mine's got a carpet though and I am not cooking in it although I might get cooked if the stove gets too hot! well done Sarh and Phil We are both very proud of you Mum and Dad R

4:35 PM  
Blogger Mildawg said...

Looks fantastic!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

that looks lovely, I can't wait to see a picture when you have loads of yarn in there.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Looks wonderful!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Madame Mouton said...

Ooooh, I am so jealous!
I use our kitchen but my hubbie thinks the dyebaths stink, like dead, boiling dogs (how subtle). So now I am on the lookout for a cooker to use in the barn.
Wich, of course is nothing compared to your dyeheaven

12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That looks fab! Let me know when the partay is ;-)

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home