Friday, March 15, 2013

Don't Fear the Reaper


Memento Mori ... Latin for 'remember that you will die', and an artistic or symbolic reminder of the inevitability of death
I am particularly fond of Skulls. 
I wear a lot of clothes adorned with the little fellas, and own a few pieces of jewellery with skulls on them. I have been after a pendant like the one pictured above for a LONG time, so when I was browsing Etsy the other night (fatal place is Etsy you know) I just had to get it!! He came from this shop and was beautifully packaged and dispatched very quickly...
This might seem a little macabre for a Friday, but hey... I don't follow so many rules, as you ALL must know by now, hahaha!
For me, Skulls don't signify the inevitability of death quite so much. They stand to me as a reminder that everyone looks like that underneath their skin. 
So it doesn't matter how much money you have, how famous you are or how pretty you may be (for example) ... underneath, you are the same as me.
A reality check, if you like ... and we all need one of those every now and then, well I do, I pretty much live in my own little dreamworld most of the time!!



1 Comments:

Blogger Elly said...

"They stand to me as a reminder that everyone looks like that underneath their skin."

Excellent thought, that one! And nice pendent :)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home