Saturday, February 20, 2010

BudgieBoo Handspun

I treated yself to some Polwarth~Bamboo in the "Budgie" colourway from Southern Cross Fibres last month, as a birthday present to myself.

I spun it into a 3 ply….no change there then….and the third ply is solid dark brown merino…..
My plan was that the darker ply would enhance the delicate colours and magnificent shine of the fibre…I am pretty happy with it ;)
There’s about 90g in this skein, its roughly 10wpi so a heavy DK/worsted weight, and approx 139yds/128m. The other skein is going to become a Marina, as it’s the WoollyWormhead Feb KAL on Ravelry :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Noneofyourbusiness. said...

Lovely! I so envy your spinning skills. What kind of wheel do you use?

8:49 PM  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

I have a Robin Deluxe :)
http://www.robinwheels.com/deluxe.htm
Bought on UK eBay for a rather bargainous price......I think I was meant to have her :D

Spins beautifully.......

S xXx

9:15 PM  
Blogger Smallest Friend said...

Oh wow that's so pretty. I'm a pretty new spinner, just getting the hang of making an even 2-ply... Some day I will make a 3-ply! haha

8:12 PM  
Blogger Mildawg said...

I love the way you mixed the colors!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home