Monday, June 30, 2008

My Woolfest was all about my friends :)

This is what Woolfest was all about for me this year, meeting online friends I hadn't seen in a while, saying hello to new friends, and spending the weekend with my two bestestarOOnie friends :)

Of course there was obligatory fibre and yarn purchasing, but that, as you all know, goes without saying! To say I've doubled my fibre stash is an understatement!!!!

Anyway....on to the pics.....


After spending the afternoon at Woolfest, Livvy and I made camp at Grayonside in the pouring rain and howling wind. Its very safe to say we had a few **moments** but we managed to get the tent up, all the beds and bedding in and dinner on before the Purple Peril = Lottie arrived... and then we had more beer :)

After a wild and woolly night...thank goodness for earplugs says I...we went to a lovely little cafe in Cockermouth for breakfast...we're all looking so happy because we'd just enabled Livvy in a shoe purchase....some Mary Jane Style Crocs in black, so she can show off her expertly knitted socks :)
Our first port of call, only because he was by the entrance...hehehe was Andy Robinson, of BlueFaced.com fame.... I helped him out later on in the day, selling tickets for the Mirasol School raffle he's doing. Theres a lot of lovely prizes to be had, so if you didn't get a ticket at Woolfest, but are going to IKnit London this year, be sure to get a ticket!!!

On the stall next to Mr Wool was Jeni of Fyberspates......oooh....just look at all that fluffy goodness!!!

No Woolfest is complete without seeing Mr YarnYard in his kilt..... :) Oh and of course, buying some of Natalie's expertly dyed sock yarn.....yes I did!!!

And here is the wonderful Amber, I've known her through her blog for a long time....but have never met her.....it was brilliant to put a face to the wonderful musings and photos of immaculately knitted socks :)

We met Mr Mog too......well you couldn't really miss him!!! Here he is on the KCG stall, teaching finger knitting :) Also on the KCG stall was a display of WoollyWormheads Hats, you could try any of them on for 50p a go.....

Just look at that exquisite rose shawl in the background......the lady who made it is in the next photo ;)

Isabella and Sue..... so good to see them both, the last time I met them was at Skipnorth 2007....where Lottie and I got a rep for being drunken Mums..hehehe....totally unfounded!!! Isabella also owns a Louet S10, so we were chatting about that...... In the marquee, when we stopped for a break, we met some jolly nice Ravelry Peeps.... (left to right) Gonga , ArtyFartykat and Dominocat

I also paid a visit to the Guild of Longdraw Spinners and had a thoroughly good time of getting the hang of longdraw....

Here's Lottie trying out one of the many wheels on display, a Lendrum Original DT....I think its her new object of desire ;)

And here's the woman behind everyones new Knitting Notion purchase at Woolfest, NicsKnots
We spied her buying fibre and a spindle.....she finally succumbed!!! She shared a stall with KraftyKoala....
Okay, so you can't have a blog post about Woolfest, and not show some sheep....I took this one of a Wenslydale simply because it's a case of "Where does the sheep begin, and the straw end?"

It was alot colder on the Saturday night under canvas.....here's me trying to look happy to be there ;)

We all had a fab time, there were some peeps we met I didn't take piccies of, and I wanted to give a shout out to.

CheekyImp was there (or Madriggie as I formerly knew her) with her 3 beautiful children!!! Now see me and Bex have a LONG history on Parenting forums together....it was finally so good to meet her, and I am very sorry not to have taken a photo :(

We met Woolydoodles and her partner Jack.....the super organised campers who had a playstaion and DVD player in their tent.... hehehe....its definitely the way to go!

Artis-Anne (or Eluned on Ravelry) who was a complete twinkly star, as she helped me dry out my coat after putting up the tent in the pouring rain...thankyou my love :)

ClaireUk who hatched a plot with me at Tebay services to get Livvy spindling.....and travelled there and back with Lottie, to keep her (in)sane :D

And finally, a random picture of something that is dear to my heart.....yay for Tebay Services!!!


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger rosy said...

wow!
you surely did have a fabulosa time!
looking forward to seeing you and your 3 'boys' at camp! - phone Stelps for the goss and the plans
. . . and oh! Sarah!! I just so love Tebay too!! - it's always been my absolute fave ever since Stelps and I 'discovered' it back in Sept 1998!
all the best!
love Rosy x

9:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow looks like you had fun!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you had great fun :)

Woolydoodles is my friend from Sock Wars 07 :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Bex said...

We'll meet again hun, that I'm sure of!
It was great to finally meet you, and in such a fab setting!
See you around!
Bex xx

10:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Looks like you all had a fab time, all your pics made me smile!
Sarah M x

11:03 PM  
Blogger lottie said...

i'm in love with that wheel!! but seriously i had such a fantastic weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

great pictures:)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home