Thursday, October 11, 2007

What would I do without my friends?

For a number of reasons, I've been feeling really down, doing a lot of "hole dwelling" as my friend Gemma likes to call it.....can't seem to pull myself out of it :(

Anyway, I had a couple of friends over yesterday.... Lottie and Sarah and they both cheered me up, no end....

Lottie and I stitched and bitched till 2pm (well no bitching was actually involved....just chatter), then Sarah cam over at 7.30pm and we did the same, and ate Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Brownie Ice-cream and drank beer whilst watching Heroes.... *grins*

Sarah also brought me a fantastic present, something I've been meaning to get myself into for ages, but have never quite got around to it.

She's made me a spindle!!! And bought me 100g of Corriedale roving from Winghams Its so lovely......had a little go at spindling whilst she was here, and I really like it....will do some more tonight!

So, thankyou my lovely friends, for being right there and knowing what do say to let me have a little vacation from my hole :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better :)

You've had a stressful few months with the house move so it's not surprising really.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe Sarah I'm sending ya a real big hug. I know the down thing very well. Just so glad you got buddies up there to help you back to happy land XXXXX

12:15 AM  
Blogger rosy said...

(((hug)))
xxxxx
Rosy

7:16 AM  
Blogger Gemma said...

Out that hole lady, don't think I can't see you lurking on Ravelry. My hole's been occupied a little this week too, also solved by Ben & Jerrys (strawberry cheesecake this end), it ought to be available in bulk on prescription!

xxxxx

12:51 PM  
Blogger loraine said...

Ben & Jerry's should be available "in bulk on prescription," love that idea!! My choice is Dublin Mudslide, if I can find it. Yum!! Also know the hole dwelling all too well. Hope you get to feeling better.

Lovely work both knitted and spun, by the by.

Ravelry mate, loraine alias simra

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home