A little while ago, Thing 1 asked me to spin some yarn up, and make him some socks. A few minutes later, I was able to pick myself up off the floor, having recovered from the shock of it all, and agreed to do it :P
I had a look through my stash, and there wasn't anything suitable for:
a) A TeenOgre
b) A TeenOgres feet
So I put a shout out on Twitter
about it, and the lovely and most awesome
Spinner Lady, Katie
came to my rescue :) She sent me some BFL/Ramie tops, and I was good to go.
First of all I decided to spin it up un-dyed... then quickly realised that was a bad idea... so I dyed it up... (picture above)
It was lovely to dye, and spin, and I had a great plan to get it to self stripe. I weighed and measured and all that gubbins, was confident in my consistency etc... but it didn't self stripe all the way through :P
It started well... !!!!!
...so... onto the knitting.
It'll be interesting to watch it grow, at least >.<